Softimage|XSI and V-Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softimage|XSI and V-Ray

I've searched these forums and I found some discussion about VRay for XSI, but I didn't see any replies from developers.

So now I'd like to ask if there are any kinds of plans to port VRay for XSI 4.0 now that it should have more open architecture for third party rendreres (at least according to Softimages annoucments).

And IF there is to be XSI version, how far in the future its going to be? I'm not expecting exact date, but like in six months?
    http://www.ylilammi.com/

As of right now, the devs are trying to push v.1.5 out the door without any serious hiccups, and as they have stated, they will then start to work on the standalone module (sans any critical bugfixes that might arise).
    The actual connection to xsi (or other platforms) could be made by others or by the devs, but I doubt you should have your hopes up for anything for at least 6 months (or more).
    Signing out,
    Christian

Comment

Here is an interesting statistic... if you look at market values based on the amount of job demands out there, you will probably see a road map as to which 3D package will be next.

http://www.3drender.com/jobs/jobcount.htm

My guess is maya (47%), maybe lightwave (11%), probably softimage (9%), and maybe houdini (3%) at the end. But what do I know...

Comment

interesting graph... of course by your logic, vray should have been released for maya and not max hehehe

percy

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

and I doubt they would develop a version of vray for Lightwave......since that has probably the best out-of-the-box render around.......

but, I guess I'm glad it didn't come out for maya to begin with
          since max needed it much more

paul.

Comment

truer words were never spoken

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
            X